OUR NEEDS AND WHAT YOU CAN DO TO HELP!
Trying to understand cancer, added to patient support, is expensive! It is now well established that developing a drug for clinical use costs in the region of £1B. Fortunately, we do not envisage spending anything like that amount dues to the high novelty of our approach. Whilst our support to patients goes on through the Amber Care Centre, we have estimated that the next 5 years are crucial to the research and this will cost about £5M.
There are many different ways in which our efforts can be helped, as follows:
- Personal contributions to the central Fund either as a single donation and/or in the form of a Covenant. Please see the Donations page here for our bank details
- Organizing a fundraising event – sponsored walk, swimming, coffee morning, barbecue, concert, bunjee jumping etc etc
- Take part in The Orchid Walk
- Purchasing a piece of equipment necessary for the ongoing research. We regularly have needs for equipment costing in the range £1,000 – £40,000
- A Research Fellowship, which can be named specifically and can be junior or senior (£25,000 – £80,000 p.a.)
- A Research Project to solve a particular problem integral to the overall research effort (£80,000 p.a.)
If you have skills and would like to help and give something back please GET IN TOUCH. We desperately need help and we are a very small charity doing amazing things on a very small budget. We would love to hear from you whatever your skills are and your time means a huge amount to us. We need help in the following areas:
- Event Organising
- Corporate Liaison and Development
- Copy Writer
- Administration Help
- Website Administration